Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

DIY Hair Tie

Hi all,
Today post is about hair accessories! I made these hair ties from the leftover fabrics that already sitting inside my stash for so long, I think some of them already there for almost 3 years. I took them out, washed and iron it.
This is very easy, fast and fun small project to make and I'd love to share the step by step tutorials with all of you. I hope you like it:)

  • Prepare the fabric, light weight cotton or silk. Cut rectangular shape, 30" x 6" (1/2" seam allowances included). Serge all the edges of the fabric using an overlock sewing machine. And cut elastic 7".

  • With right side together, fold the fabric and pin it. Then stitch the fabric 1/2" seam allowance with the sewing machine.


  • Turn it inside out.
 
 
  • Insert the safety pin into the elastic and pin it on the edge of the fabric as shown in the pictures.

  • Insert another safety pin in the end of the elastic, and insert the elastic by pulling the safety pin inside the fabric.

  • Knot the elastic together.

  • Hand stitch the end of the fabric together with 1/2" seam allowance. Done!


 
I made 6 hair ties, I will use the blue polka dot and the red color. The black one is for my mom and the rest are for my niece and cousins.

Here is the picture of me wearing the blue polka dot hair tie,

Also, I included this small project into style the stash sew a long. The next one will be another small project for kids, I'll make a skirt, shorts and dress for my niece. I already washed some of the fabrics from my stash but still looking for the right pattern. Here are my fabrics,


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. In New Zealand we call these scrunchies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hana, I think they are called scrunchies in the USA and certainly here in Australia. I always think they look pretty, and yours certainly are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thank you.
      Here in Asia especially in China and Indonesia we called these hair tie or hair bun:)

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO much for sharing this tutorial! I've been wanting to replace/repair my stretched-out hair ties for a while. This is also a great way to use up small bits of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, L! Yes, it is a great way to use the scraps and really fun project to make. I hope you will have a time to make it:)

      Delete
  4. I am literally going to go home and do this with all the fabric scraps I have been hoarding. I knew I was keeping them for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so thankful for your post. My daughter and I have to raise money for her Jr. High School class trip and this is what we decided upon. I think they will be a hit (at least with the girls)! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola las soy de argentina estoy tratando de hacer los moños solo queria saber las medidas estan en pulgadas? ...como seria en cm ?... gracias

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment