Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Long Sleeve Dress



This is the sewing project that I promised on my last post, a long sleeve dress made from stretch fabric that I bought during my holidays in Portugal. I've done this dress on december last year but I didn't have time to post it or even to wear it.

Here are the details of this dress,
Style:
Empire dress.

Materials:
I used 2 yards of stretch fabric in blue colour. I don't have a stay tape, so I replaced it with lightweight fusible interfacing for the neckline. Same colour of thread.

Pattern:
I used two different patterns from burdastyle for this dress. For the dress body I used pattern A  and for the sleeve I used pattern B . Here are the pictures of the dress pattern,                                                       
pattern A, empire dress from burdastyle.com


pattern B, A-line dress from burdastyle.com

How I worked:
I transfered the dress body pattern (empire dress) and sleeve pattern (A-line dress) size 34 on a sheet of paper. I had burdastyle magazine 08/2012 but if you don't have the magazine you can buy printable pattern from burdastyle.com, just click the link of the pattern A and B on the picture above.
After I have done the patterns, I made an alteration on the armhole and sleeve. I added 1" on the front neckline ( I don't like too deep front neckline). I also shorten the skirts pattern about 7".
I cut the fabrics and sew it according to the instructions from burdastyle. I enjoyed the process of making this dress, I'll definitely make another one with more variations.

And here are more pictures of the dress,






~Happy sewing~

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...