DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Pimp My Skirt Draft and Sew Along

The Burberry Skirt
I was very busy lately, almost didn't have enough time to sew or to take picture of my latest dress but I always around to check what's my fabulous blogger up to. I am planning to make a coat but still cutting the muslin, I think it will be a very slow project.

On the way of making my first coat I am also join sew along with Marina von Koenig from Frabjous Couture. The Original inspiration is the Burberry skirt as shown on the picture below. Here is  the details of the sew along and to be honest I am really excited and can not wait to start drawing the pattern, making the muslin, sewing the skirt and wearing it:))







And here is the badge,
 


   ~ Happy sewing and have a good weekend ~

Comments