DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Tie Bow Blouse


Finally I had time to post my latest project. The 80's style long sleeve blouse. Made from chiffon that I bought two months ago but I did not have time enough to sew all my fabric.
The blouse pattern is from selfdrafted pattern without bust dart. It's very easy because I do not need to worry about making button hole.




The size of the tie is 12 cm x 30 cm (2 pieces), I connected the two pieces together and then stitch it directly on the neck line.


This is how the front blouse turned up.

This is the wrong side of the front blouse.


The skirt looks good to match with the blouse, I am really loving it.
For more detail about the skirt visit my post on high waist skirt #1

Comments